Yemeni Forces Hit Saudi Base with Ballistic Missile

0
98

Yemeni army forces and Popular Committees launched a locally-designed and -manufactured ballistic missile toward a military base run by the Saudi-led invading coalition in Yemen’s central province of Ma’rib.

Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, citing an unnamed military source, reported that the Qaher M-2 ballistic missile was fired against the Om al-Rish military base on Thursday morning, adding that the missile hit the target with “high precision”, Yemeni News reported.

On Wednesday evening, the forces also targeted gatherings of Saudi mercenaries at the Khabb and Sha’af district in Yemen’s Northern province of Jawf with the same ballistic missile, Yemen’s official SABA news agency, reported.

Ansarullah forces have repeatedly targeted areas in Saudi Arabia with missiles, with the Riyadh airport being targeted in early November 2017.

The movement had warned that Yemeni forces will continue missile attacks against Saudi Arabia as long as Riyadh and its allies press ahead with their military aggression against the impoverished nation.

The capital cities of all the Saudi-led coalition member states are within the range of Yemen’s missiles, a senior Ansarullah movement leader said recently in a tough warning that has already met action in the case of Saudi Arabia iteself and the UAE.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive President Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 15,500 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.

Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.

The Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster, as Saudi Arabia’s deadly campaign prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country, according to several reports.

A UN panel has compiled a detailed report of civilian casualties caused by the Saudi military and its allies during their war against Yemen, saying the Riyadh-led coalition has used precision-guided munitions in its raids on civilian targets.

The United Nations said in mid-January, more than three-quarters of Yemenis are now in need of humanitarian aid as the brutal aggression launched by the Saudi-led coalition nears its fourth year.

LEAVE A REPLY