Turkey has released the last five suspects of a corruption probe, including the sons of two of the country’s ministers.
On Friday, a Turkish court freed the suspects among whom were Baris Guler, the son of the former interior minister, and Kaan Caglayan, the son of the former economy minister.
Turkish media said the court made the decision after the necessary evidence regarding the case had been collected.
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose government has been hit hard by the graft probe, welcomed the freedom of the suspects.
“This is what I expected. Justice has been served,” said the Turkish premier at a press conference during a visit to the western city of Balikesir.
Meanwhile, the leader of the opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP), Kemal Kilicdaroglu, said he was not surprised by the decision.
“We said earlier that they would be released. They are trying to cover up corruption,” he said.
Also on Friday, anti-graft protests were held for the fourth consecutive day in the capital Ankara.
On December 25, 2013, the Turkish premier replaced the economy, interior, and environment ministers, whose sons were arrested as part of investigations into the spiraling corruption scandal.
Political analysts say the graft scandal is a big challenge for Erdogan, who has pledged to root out corruption in the country.