Justice Ministry has announced that they will build 207 new prisons and 103 courthouses with the next 5 years.
Justice Ministry has responded to a parliamentarian inquiry by CHP İstanbul deputy Sezgin Tanrıkulu, announcing that they will build 207 new prisons and 103 courthouses with the next 5 years.
180 courthouses in 10 years
Some of the highlights from the response is as follows:
* Within the next 5 years, 207 new correction facilities are planned
* As of January 2014, 668 premisses are used for justice services
* Between 2003 and 2013, the construction of 180 justice palace buildings and 81 correction facilities have been complated
* The construction of 34 justice palaces and 41 correction facilities is underway
* The bidding of 12 justice palace buildings and 11 correction facilities is underway
* The project drafting of 57 justice palace buildings and 24 correction facilities is complete