Several buses carrying civilians from the towns of Fua’a and Kafraya in Idlib province have arrived in Syrian government-controlled regions in Aleppo, local source said Friday.
The sources said 15 buses carrying a large number civilians of the towns of Fua’a and Kafraya that are under the siege of the militants arrived in government-controlled regions in Aleppo.
The sources went on to say that in return five buses that were carrying gunmen and their family members and had left the towns of al-Zabadani and Madhaya in Western Damascus have arrived in al-Rashedeen region in the Western outskirts of Aleppo city.
They added that 36 buses have thus far gone to Aleppo and nine other buses are to transfer the residents of Fua’a and Kafraya.
The sources further said that 15 buses have so far transferred gunmen and their family members from al-Zabadani and Madhaya, while three more buses have just left the two towns.
Local sources confirmed on Wednesday that a sum of 3,000 civilians were evacuated from Fua’a and Kafraya to safe regions under the control of the pro-government forces.
The sources said that 3,000 civilians left Fua’a and Kafraya are under the siege of militants in the second phase of an evacuation deal with the government that also includes transfer of thousands of militants and their family members from the four towns in Damascus province that were under the army siege.
The sources added that 45 buses took the civilians away from Fua’a and Kafraya.
In return, the entire gunmen, who refused to join the peace agreement with the Syrian Army, and their family members left the towns of al-Zabadani, Sarqaya and al-Jabal al-Sharqi on 11 buses.
Sources in Damascus province said that the gunmen have set fire to their position and ammunition before leaving al-Zabadani.
They added that 500 gunmen and their family members have left al-Zabadani and 300 others handed over their weapons to relevant officials and received government amnesty.