Saudi Military Base Sustains Heavy Losses in Yemeni Artillery Attack in Jizan

0
293

The Yemeni army and popular forces’ artillery units targeted Saudi Arabia’s military position in Jizan province in the Southern part of the kingdom, inflicting heavy losses on their armored vehicles, media reports said.

“Saudi Arabia’s al-Sharqan military base in Jizan province came under the Yemeni army’s artillery attacks,” the Arabic-language al-Mayadeen television quoted Yemeni military sources as saying on Monday.

The sources said that at least seven armored military vehicles in al-Sharqan military base were destroyed in the Yemeni artillery shelling.

On Sunday, the Yemeni army and popular forces attacked a Saudi military convoy in al-Jawf province, killing a number of officers and soldiers, while they also destroyed several arms and ammunition depots of the Saudi army in a different battlefield in the Kingdom’s Southern provinces.

The Saudi military convoy in Sabrin region of al-Jawf province came under the Yemeni forces’ attack, killing at least 7 Saudi military men, including officers.

In Jizan province, the Yemeni forces also killed three Saudi soldiers.

The Yemeni forces also destroyed the arms depot of the Saudi army in al-Zobreh military base in Jizan province.

The Yemeni army and popular forces also hit hard the Saudi troops in al-Kares and al-Mostahdes military bases, inflicting heavy losses on them. The Saudi army has reportedly lost a number of its military vehicles in the battle.

Military sources also disclosed that the Yemeni army and popular forces have destroyed an arms depot in al-Makhrouq military base in Najran province.

Earlier on Sunday, a senior Yemeni commander disclosed that the country’s army and popular forces have made considerable advances in the Eastern part of Ma’rib province as their comrades have arrested over a dozen pro-Saudi terrorists in Ta’iz province.

“Our forces have continued their advances in the Eastern part of Ma’rib,” senior Ansarullah Commander Hossein al-Houthi told FNA.

Al-Houthi also said that the Yemeni army and popular forces have also arrested 15 pro-Saudi terrorists in Ta’iz province.

Al-Houthi, meantime, said that the Yemeni forces have seized the Saudi mercenaries’ military hardware in Ta’iz province.

Meantime, another Yemeni military commander said that the Yemeni forces have destroyed an armored military vehicle of the pro-Saudi mercenaries in al-Jawf province.

In relevant remarks on Saturday, it was reported that over 100 Saudi-backed mercenaries fled their bases after sustaining heavy casualties in Yemen’s Ta’iz and Ma’rib provinces and after delayed payments by Riyadh.

Senior Yemeni commander Ali al-Houthi told FNA on Saturday that there have been “heavy clashes between the Yemeni forces and the Saudi mercenaries in the Eastern parts of Ma’rib”, adding that the Saudi-backed mercenaries sustained heavy death toll during the battle.

“Tens of the Saudi-backed forces have been killed and wounded in Ta’iz and Ma’rib provinces,” he said, and continued, “Also, over 100 Saudi coalition-backed mercenaries have fled their bases after their wages were delayed and cut.”

Also late last month, another Yemeni commander also disclosed that a large number of pro-Saudi mercenaries have fled the battlefield as the Saudi government has ceased its support for them.

“After the Saudi government stopped its financial support for the terrorists and militias loyal to the Saudi regime, a growing wave of the terrorists are leaving the Saudi-led Arab coalition military bases,” Senior Ansarullah Commander Hossein Al-Houthi said.

Saudi Arabia started invasion against Yemen in March 2015 and has sustained the campaign so far at the cost of thousands of Yemeni lives to restore power to Yemen’s former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a steadfast Riyadh ally, who had resigned and fled to the Saudi capital in 2014. He returned to Aden in November 2015.

Yemen’s Ansarullah movement, which set up the Supreme Political Council together with the Yemeni General People’s Congress party, after the resignation of the former government, has, meanwhile, been defending the nation against the Saudi invasion together with the army forces.

LEAVE A REPLY