Saudi Bombers Launch Airstrikes on Yemen, Kills More Civilians

0
256

At least three Yemeni civilians lost their lives and several others sustained injuries in new Saudi airstrikes against Yemen.

Saudi jets attacked two trucks loaded with bags of cement in the Hardin neighborhood of the Southern Yemen port city of Mokha, South of the capital, Sana’a, on Friday evening, killing three people and injuring five others, Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network reported.

Local sources said the trucks had made a stopover in the area where they were targeted on their way to the city of Taiz.

Eyewitnesses said charred body parts were strewn about the area, noting that the death toll would further increase as some of the injured are in a critical condition.

Saudi fighter jets also flew over several areas in the provinces of Taiz, Ma’rib and Amran, but there were no immediate reports of attacks.

Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for more than 1 year to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed more than 9,600, injured 16,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, as well as displaced 2.8 million others. The Al-Saud war on Yemen has deteriorated the humanitarian crisis and caused severe shortage of basic needs such as food and drinking water in the country.

LEAVE A REPLY