Israel gives demolition notice to Palestinian families

0
294

Israel’s security forces have delivered a demolition notice to the family of three Palestinians who carried out attacks on Israelis in al-Quds (Jerusalem) in recent days.

On Thursday, the families of Ibrahim Akkari and Muhammad Jaabis, who drove their cars into sidewalks in August, as well as Mutaz Hijazi, who shot an Israeli rabbi last month, were told that their homes would be demolished within 48 hours.

The demolition warnings come one day after Israeli soldiers destroyed the house of Palestinian man Abdel Rahman al-Shaludi in the occupied West Bank over claims that he was involved in recent attacks against Israelis.

Shaludi reportedly rammed his car into a railway stop in al-Quds, killing two people on October 22. He later died of injuries sustained from Israeli forces’ gunfire.

The Tel Aviv regime claims that the incident was deliberate, but the family of the 21-year-old said it was an accident.

Israel also has decided to demolish the houses of Palestinians who killed four Israelis in an attack on a synagogue in west al-Quds on Tuesday.

The two Palestinian men, reportedly armed with axes and handguns, entered the synagogue in Har Nof, killing the four Israelis, and leaving several others wounded. The two were then fatally shot by Israeli security forces.

Following the incident, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered authorities to destroy the houses of the Palestinian attackers.

Tensions have been running high in East al-Quds since Israeli troops shot dead a young Palestinian man in northern occupied territories last week. Israeli forces claim Khair al-Din Hamdan was shot during a raid, but footage released after the incident shows an Israeli soldier getting out of his car and shooting directly at Hamdan.

LEAVE A REPLY