Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi dismissed as “baseless” recent claims that the Islamic Republic has provided Yemeni Hezbollah Houthi Ansarullah movement
with ballistic missiles, saying the “childish” scenario aims to whitewash the crimes of aggressors in Yemen.
In remarks released on Tuesday, Qassemi denounced recent claims made by the British and French foreign ministers about Iran’s missile program and the Yemeni conflicts and said, “These empty, unfounded, and undocumented claims have been repeatedly answered.”
“But at the same time, we emphasize that, basically, the Yemeni army and popular forces do not need foreign arms supplies,” he said, adding what has led to the defeat of aggressors in Yemen is the country’s people who have defended their land with the minimum equipment.
The spokesman further denounced the claim that Iran has supplied missiles to Yemen as “a childish, clumsy and fake” scenario-making that can never help in whitewashing the crimes of the aggressors in the country.
According to media reports, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said on Monday that he calls on Iran to cease activities which he said risk escalating the Yemen conflict.
Johnson was commenting on the final report of the UN Panel of Experts on Yemen tasked with finding out the origin of ballistic missiles fired on Saudi Arabia from Yemen.
Johnson said that he was “deeply concerned by the findings of the UN Panel of Experts on Yemen that missiles and related military equipment of Iranian origin were introduced into Yemen after the imposition of the targeted arms embargo”.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for nearly three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.