Hezbollah Faction in Lebanon parliament in a statement said Mina tragedy is not forgettable and Saudi Arabia should revise its policies.
The statement felicitated occasion of Eid-ul Adha to the world Muslim and underlined that the painful Mina tragedy last year, which left thousands of pilgrims killed, was clearly an outcome of mismanagement of Saudis who must accept their responsibilities.
It said the destructive role of the Saudi regime in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, Bahrain, Iran and other countries has caused crises, conflicts, and wars and has made all efforts to settle crises and establish security and stability in the region fail.
Saudi Arabia has come under harsh criticism over its handling of the Mina incident and critics have said the country is incompetent to host the annual Hajj congregation.
The crush of last year occurred after two large masses of pilgrims converged at a crossroads in Mina during the symbolic ceremony of the stoning of Satan in Jamarat on September 24, 2015.
Saudi Arabia claims nearly 770 people were killed in the incident, but Iranian officials say about 4,700 people lost their lives in the tragedy. The number of the Iranian fatalities is at least 464, the highest toll among all countries.
The tragedy came days after a massive construction crane collapsed into Mecca’s Grand Mosque, killing more than 100 people and leaving over 200 others wounded.
According to figures by Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization, 11 Iranian pilgrims were killed and 32 others injured in the incident.