At least 3,000 children have been killed and wounded since March 26, when the Saudi military aggression against Yemen began, Ansarullah announced Tuesday.
A senior member of Yemen’s Ansarullah Resistance Movement, speaking on condition of anonymity, said today that the kingdom’s air raids on the impoverished country have so far left more than 3,000 kids dead and injured.
According to UN reports, more than 100,000 Yemenis have fled their homes, and children are especially vulnerable.
“They are being killed, maimed and forced to flee their homes, their health threatened and their education interrupted,” Julian Harneis, UNICEF’s representative in Yemen, said in the statement.
Humanitarian groups say they are running out of supplies. They have called for a temporary halt to the air raids to allow medical teams and fresh medical supplies to arrive in the country and for residents to identify and bury their dead.
Hospitals are struggling to treat large numbers of wounded with insufficient supplies and some medical facilities have come under attack, the agency said.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 83 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
The Monarchy’s attacks have so far claimed the lives of at least 4,618 civilians, mostly women and children.